- Firstly, you can support our efforts via the JustGiving page here; https://www.justgiving.com/DoveStep2 all funds go directly to the RSPB for use by Operation Turtle Dove.
- Last year we raised £3000 which Operation Turtle Dove used for Turtle Dove friendly habitat creation in the East of England.
- If you are not able to support our fundraising efforts this year then please add a Dove Step Twibbon to your Twitter and Facebook profiles; http://twibbon.com/support/dove-step Sharing is caring!
- Our journey will commence on the 18th April with two days of kayaking – covering 21 nautical miles / 25 miles – the equivalent of a channel crossing.
- We will then start cycling from Calais on the morning of 20th April covering 90 miles a day for six days to arrive in Bordeaux on 25th April.
- Our final leg is a further six days of walking 25 miles a day taking us to the Spanish border.
- Our overall aim with the Dove Step campaign is to raise both funds and awareness for Operation Turtle Dove.
- Over the course of four journeys (this year is our second) we wish to create a self propelled line from Saltholme RSPB reserve in the north east of England all the way to Africa. Mimicking the migratory route of Turtle Doves.
You can re-live Dove Step 1 here; http://dovestep.wordpress.com
Be sure to check out Operation Turtle Dove here; http://operationturtledove.org
Buy your Dove Step beer here; http://blackbar.co.uk
Check out Dove Step sponsor Bridgedale Socks here; http://www.bridgedale.com
Check out Dove Step sponsor Wild Frontier Ecology here; http://www.wildfrontier-ecology.co.uk
Check out Dove Step partner Nomad Sea kayaking here; http://www.nomadseakayaking.co.uk
… and of course please keep checking back here for updates!